HPCSA Accreditation number:
PSB002/043/01/2024 for 6 clinical ceu’s
PSB002/044/01/2024 for 3 ethical ceu’s
Burnout is an ICD-10 classified illness that is on the rise throughout the world and people in so-called “caring occupations” often fall victim to burnout. The recent Covid 19 pandemic has taken its toll on healthcare workers and recent studies has indicated that the number of healthcare workers suffering from burnout has skyrocketed. Unfortunately, burnout is one of those illnesses where one often doesn’t recognise the symptoms before it is too late. This course focus on giving the learner in-depth detail about various aspects of burnout, as well as the ethical dangers of practicing while suffering from burnout.
* Gain in-depth knowledge about what burnout really is and how it influences your health.
* Learn what the causes and consequences of burnout are; establish the causes of burnout in your life.
* Gain greater insight on how to identify potential warning signs and how to prevent burnout.
* Learn about the pitfalls and possible outcomes of practicing while suffering from burnout.
* Learn how to recognise signs of burnout in your life and how to prevent burnout from symptoms from
* Definitions and characteristics of burnout.
* Causes and consequences of burnout.
* How stress turn into burnout.
* Questionnaire: Section 1-3
* Detection of burnout
* Contributors to the development of burnout.
* Prevention of burnout
* Questionnaire: Section 4-6
* Burn out, What now?
* Questionnaire: Section 7
* The ethical aspects of burnout.
* Reference List
STRESS & BURNOUT SPECIALIST