HPCSA Accreditation number:
PSB002/139/01/2024 for 8 general ceu’s in Level 1
PSB002/044/01/2024 for 1 ethics ceu in Level 1
Burnout is an ICD-10 classified illness that is on the rise worldwide. The recent Covid 19 pandemic has taken its toll on healthcare workers and recent studies have indicated that the number of healthcare workers suffering from burnout has skyrocketed. Research has proven that personal insight can help to prevent or reduce burnout. This study looks at what burnout is, what personal insight is, how it differs from personal knowledge, and the relationship between burnout and personal insight. This course also focuses on the ethical dangers of practicing while suffering from burnout.
- Gain in-depth knowledge about what burnout is and how it influences your health.
- Learn the causes and consequences of burnout; establish the causes of burnout in your life.
- Understand the difference between personal knowledge and personal insight.
- Learn about the relationship between personal insight and burnout.
- Understand the pitfalls and possible outcomes of practicing while suffering from burnout.
- Learn how to recognise signs of burnout in your life and how to prevent burnout from symptoms from escalating.
- What is burnout?
- Causes and consequences of burnout.
- Difference between self-knowledge and self-insight.
- Personal values and burnout.
- The relationship between burnout and self-insight.
- Prevention of burnout.
- Importance of wellness for practitioners.
- Ethical aspects of burnout.
HPCSA REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST